The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Article in the World Intellectual Property Review: IP Reputation; turning a corner
Mrs Riikka Palmos, our European Trademark Attorney and Administrative Director, has over 20 years of experience in trademark in Finland and the Wester countries, particularly in Russia and the CIS countries.
She now has written an article about the current landscape in trademark matters in Russia.
Read the article IP Reputation: Turnin a corner in the latest World Intellectual Property Review May/June 2016 issue
- Be aware of the challenges when fighting against counterfeits in Russia
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Heidi Mikkola, Jussi Mikkola and Markku Simmelvuo named as IP STARS 2022
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Unitary Patent system – should you opt out or stay in?
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- PEPPA PIG won the appeal in Russia
See more from the writer
In early March this year the Kirov Court in Russia rejected a trademark and copyright infringement action and claim for damages raised by Entertainment One UK Limited. This decision was then appealed, and on 21 June 2022 the Appeal Court issued a decision overturning the decision of the Kirov Court in Russia.