The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Article: Well-known trademarks: Just a dream in Russia?
Mrs Riikka Palmos, our European Trademark Attorney and the Administrative Director, has more than fifteen years of experience in trademarks in Finland and the Western Countries, and particularly in Russia and the CIS countries. She has written many articles which have been published in major global publications.
Now you can read her latest report on well-known trademarks in Russia, published in World Intellectual Property Review (May/June 2012).
- Changes in the Ukrainian Intellectual Property Institute
- Asia IP Magazine: The unintentional consequences of unintended claims
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Riikka Palmos invited to ECTA International Trade Committee
- China: the world’s innovation and IP powerhouse
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Mikko Nissinen, Miika Tupala and Juha Voutilainen have been recognised as Managing IP’s Rising Stars 2022
See more from the writer
In early March this year the Kirov Court in Russia rejected a trademark and copyright infringement action and claim for damages raised by Entertainment One UK Limited. This decision was then appealed, and on 21 June 2022 the Appeal Court issued a decision overturning the decision of the Kirov Court in Russia.