The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Article in WIPR: How to cancel an unused trademark
- Who’s Who Legal recognizes three attorneys from Papula-Nevinpat in WWL: IP 2023
- Unauthorized use of trademarks in Russia, The Trademark Lawyer 4/2023
- Patent attorney Maaria Rantala joins Papula-Nevinpat’s ICT and Electrical Engineering team
- Folke Johansson, Markku Simmelvuo and Marina Smirnova named as WIPR Leaders 2023
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2023 edition of IAM Patent 1000
See more from the writer
Registration of a trademark at the national customs registers is an efficient tool to fight counterfeiting. However, even though the introduction of the IP register of the Eurasian Customs Union is already established, the member states have so far failed to implement it in practice.