The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Asia IP Magazine: Kazakhstan creates roadmap for IP improvement
“The Road Map is a plan aimed to improve further the field of IP in Kazakhstan. The objective is to increase the level of expertise and make it attractable to the business,” said Annikki Hämäläinen, trademark attorney at Papula Nevinpat in Helsinki. Hämäläinen handles foreign trademark registrations, infringement and counterfeit cases, among others, in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States which includes Kazakhstan.
“We see that the plan will have a huge impact on the development of IP rights in Kazakhstan. The possibility of implementing a special IP Court will increase the IP awareness. The measures for subsidizing international patenting should help local inventors,” Hämäläinen added.
Read the full article here.
- Be aware of the challenges when fighting against counterfeits in Russia
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Heidi Mikkola, Jussi Mikkola and Markku Simmelvuo named as IP STARS 2022
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Unitary Patent system – should you opt out or stay in?
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- PEPPA PIG won the appeal in Russia