Be aware of Facebook’s New Username Policy
Trademark owners will appreciate that this may present an opportunity, but also a significant risk that unrelated persons could include marks of an owner as part of their usernames, without license or authorization.
Facebook has advised that trademark owners can report unauthorized inclusion of a trademark by submitting a form available at:
Additional information is available on the FAQ page:
Please contact your Papula-Nevinpat trademark attorney if you would like to have assistance in protecting your trademark rights in Facebook or if you have any questions.
- Who’s Who Legal recognizes three attorneys from Papula-Nevinpat in WWL: IP 2023
- Unauthorized use of trademarks in Russia, The Trademark Lawyer 4/2023
- Patent attorney Maaria Rantala joins Papula-Nevinpat’s ICT and Electrical Engineering team
- Folke Johansson, Markku Simmelvuo and Marina Smirnova named as WIPR Leaders 2023
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2023 edition of IAM Patent 1000