The Russian Patent and Trademark Office will be closed for the New Year and Christmas Holiday from January 1, 2021 to January 10, 2021.
Changes expected to the cancellation process of unused trademarks in Russia
A more simplified process for cancelling unused trademarks in Russia is currently being considered by the State Duma of the Russian Federation. The objective of the change is to decrease the number of cancellation actions at the IP Court and to speed up the cancellation of unused registered trademarks.
In the new process a letter could be sent to the owner of an unused registered trademark with a request to voluntarily withdraw the unused trademark from the register or to assign it to the sender. In case the owner of the unused trademark does not react to this request, it will be possible to start court proceedings.
More information about the change is expected before summer 2017 and we will keep you updated.
For more information, please contact Ms Annikki Hämäläinen.
- Russian and Eurasian Patent Offices closed until 10 January 2021
- Season Greetings & Happy New Year 2021!
- IP Webinar Series in 2021: Top things you need to know about patents and trademarks in the Russia-Eurasia region
- IPR-Unternehmen als wichtiger Partner für das Öko-Startup Woodly
- IP competence – a fundamental skill