It is surprisingly common with startups to not know how to incorporate patenting in their company’s business strategy. Our patent specialist Jorma Selin blogs about important aspects for you to consider.
Changes expected to the cancellation process of unused trademarks in Russia
A more simplified process for cancelling unused trademarks in Russia is currently being considered by the State Duma of the Russian Federation. The objective of the change is to decrease the number of cancellation actions at the IP Court and to speed up the cancellation of unused registered trademarks.
In the new process a letter could be sent to the owner of an unused registered trademark with a request to voluntarily withdraw the unused trademark from the register or to assign it to the sender. In case the owner of the unused trademark does not react to this request, it will be possible to start court proceedings.
More information about the change is expected before summer 2017 and we will keep you updated.
For more information, please contact Ms Annikki Hämäläinen.
- Patenting – a startup’s tool to create value and boost growth
- Our head office is closed on Friday 21 June 2019 due to Midsummer
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized as one of the top patent firms both in Finland and Russia in the 2019 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- Papula-Nevinpat’s events during INTA 2019 in Boston were a huge success
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR – A turning point for Russian legal services?