Are you interested in applying your programming skills to the rapidly growing area of legal technology and to a machine learning driven software product?
Changes expected to the cancellation process of unused trademarks in Russia
A more simplified process for cancelling unused trademarks in Russia is currently being considered by the State Duma of the Russian Federation. The objective of the change is to decrease the number of cancellation actions at the IP Court and to speed up the cancellation of unused registered trademarks.
In the new process a letter could be sent to the owner of an unused registered trademark with a request to voluntarily withdraw the unused trademark from the register or to assign it to the sender. In case the owner of the unused trademark does not react to this request, it will be possible to start court proceedings.
More information about the change is expected before summer 2017 and we will keep you updated.
For more information, please contact Ms Annikki Hämäläinen.
- We are looking for talented software developers
- The recipe for a valuable patent
- Foreign companies required to provide their register number in trademark applications
- Patenting brings a competitive advantage, marketing benefits, and license revenues – Case Unikulma
- Patenting – a startup’s tool to create value and boost growth