Quantum-computing provider IQM aims to be Europe’s leader in the field. The company’s strength lies in raw R&D brain power, leading-edge technology, and a growing patent portfolio that Papula-Nevinpat is helping to protect.
EAPO and KIPO have started Patent Prosecution Highway as of 1 January 2019
On 25 September 2018, the President of the Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO) and the Acting Commissioner of the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) signed a Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Memorandum of Understanding.
The pilot PPH-Mottainai and PCT-PPH bilateral programs between the EAPO and KIPO have started on 1 January 2019, enabling work-sharing and accelerated treatment of patent applications at both offices. This means that applicants whose claims have been found to be patentable by either the EAPO or KIPO may ask for accelerated examination of their corresponding applications that are pending before the other office.
It will also be possible to request accelerated examination based on a positive written opinion or international preliminary examination report issued by either office acting as the International Searching Authority or the International Preliminary Examining Authority.
The PPH pilot programs will run for an initial term of three years. The term may be extended with a mutual consent of the offices.
For further information please contact Mr Erik Goussev, Patent Attorney.
- Delivering the quantum advantage
- Russian IP legislation continues to develop
- Patent Prosecution Highway cooperation between the Finnish Patent and Registration Office and Eurasian Patent Organization has started
- Three Russian patents relating to treatment of Covid-19 have been granted
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Linda Norrgård has received the Lawyer Monthly’s Women in Law Award 2020 for patent law in Finland