Also this year we are present at INTA 2019 in Boston and are arranging presentations on IP Trends in Russia and hosting a cocktail reception on Monday 20 May at the Revere Hotel Boston Common.
EAPO and KIPO have started Patent Prosecution Highway as of 1 January 2019
On 25 September 2018, the President of the Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO) and the Acting Commissioner of the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) signed a Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Memorandum of Understanding.
The pilot PPH-Mottainai and PCT-PPH bilateral programs between the EAPO and KIPO have started on 1 January 2019, enabling work-sharing and accelerated treatment of patent applications at both offices. This means that applicants whose claims have been found to be patentable by either the EAPO or KIPO may ask for accelerated examination of their corresponding applications that are pending before the other office.
It will also be possible to request accelerated examination based on a positive written opinion or international preliminary examination report issued by either office acting as the International Searching Authority or the International Preliminary Examining Authority.
The PPH pilot programs will run for an initial term of three years. The term may be extended with a mutual consent of the offices.
For further information please contact Mr Erik Goussev, Patent Attorney.
- Updates on IP Trends in Russia & Cocktail Reception in Boston during INTA 2019
- Brexit impact on EU trademarks and designs
- Papula-Nevinpat again recognized as one of Finland’s leading practises in the 2019 Edition of WTR 1000
- Supplementary protection certificate extends the patent term by up to five and a half years – but who’s entitled?
- Folke Johansson, Markku Simmelvuo and Marina Smirnova listed as WIPR Leaders 2019