The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
EAPO and KIPO have started Patent Prosecution Highway as of 1 January 2019
On 25 September 2018, the President of the Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO) and the Acting Commissioner of the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) signed a Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Memorandum of Understanding.
The pilot PPH-Mottainai and PCT-PPH bilateral programs between the EAPO and KIPO have started on 1 January 2019, enabling work-sharing and accelerated treatment of patent applications at both offices. This means that applicants whose claims have been found to be patentable by either the EAPO or KIPO may ask for accelerated examination of their corresponding applications that are pending before the other office.
It will also be possible to request accelerated examination based on a positive written opinion or international preliminary examination report issued by either office acting as the International Searching Authority or the International Preliminary Examining Authority.
The PPH pilot programs will run for an initial term of three years. The term may be extended with a mutual consent of the offices.
For further information please contact Mr Erik Goussev, Patent Attorney.
- Be aware of the challenges when fighting against counterfeits in Russia
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Heidi Mikkola, Jussi Mikkola and Markku Simmelvuo named as IP STARS 2022
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Unitary Patent system – should you opt out or stay in?
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- PEPPA PIG won the appeal in Russia