How to obtain a valuable patent? Our IP experts Folke Johansson and Tomi Konkonen highlight some important elements you should focus on in order to get a good patent application, and a valuable patent.
EAPO and KIPO have started Patent Prosecution Highway as of 1 January 2019
On 25 September 2018, the President of the Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO) and the Acting Commissioner of the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) signed a Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Memorandum of Understanding.
The pilot PPH-Mottainai and PCT-PPH bilateral programs between the EAPO and KIPO have started on 1 January 2019, enabling work-sharing and accelerated treatment of patent applications at both offices. This means that applicants whose claims have been found to be patentable by either the EAPO or KIPO may ask for accelerated examination of their corresponding applications that are pending before the other office.
It will also be possible to request accelerated examination based on a positive written opinion or international preliminary examination report issued by either office acting as the International Searching Authority or the International Preliminary Examining Authority.
The PPH pilot programs will run for an initial term of three years. The term may be extended with a mutual consent of the offices.
For further information please contact Mr Erik Goussev, Patent Attorney.
- The recipe for a valuable patent
- Foreign companies required to provide their register number in trademark applications
- Patenting brings a competitive advantage, marketing benefits, and license revenues – Case Unikulma
- Patenting – a startup’s tool to create value and boost growth
- Our head office is closed on Friday 21 June 2019 due to Midsummer