It is surprisingly common with startups to not know how to incorporate patenting in their company’s business strategy. Our patent specialist Jorma Selin blogs about important aspects for you to consider.
EAPO and KIPO have started Patent Prosecution Highway as of 1 January 2019
On 25 September 2018, the President of the Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO) and the Acting Commissioner of the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) signed a Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Memorandum of Understanding.
The pilot PPH-Mottainai and PCT-PPH bilateral programs between the EAPO and KIPO have started on 1 January 2019, enabling work-sharing and accelerated treatment of patent applications at both offices. This means that applicants whose claims have been found to be patentable by either the EAPO or KIPO may ask for accelerated examination of their corresponding applications that are pending before the other office.
It will also be possible to request accelerated examination based on a positive written opinion or international preliminary examination report issued by either office acting as the International Searching Authority or the International Preliminary Examining Authority.
The PPH pilot programs will run for an initial term of three years. The term may be extended with a mutual consent of the offices.
For further information please contact Mr Erik Goussev, Patent Attorney.
- Patenting – a startup’s tool to create value and boost growth
- Our head office is closed on Friday 21 June 2019 due to Midsummer
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized as one of the top patent firms both in Finland and Russia in the 2019 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- Papula-Nevinpat’s events during INTA 2019 in Boston were a huge success
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR – A turning point for Russian legal services?