We have listed the six major changes that came into force on 3 July 2018. The objective of the amendments is to modernize the existing legislation, and to simplify the trademark registration process.
EAPO and SIPO to launch Patent Prosecution Highway as of 1 April 2018
The Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO) and the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China (SIPO) have agreed to launch a joint Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot programme to enable work-sharing and accelerated treatment of patent applications at both offices.
The PPH pilot program will start on 1 April 2018 and run for an initial term of three years. The term may be extended with the mutual consent of the Offices.
We encourage our customers to utilize the SIPO-EAPO PPH pilot programme, if terms are met, to benefit from the accelerated Eurasian patent application examination.
For further information please contact Mr Erik Goussev, Patent Attorney.
- Changes to Kazakhstan’s IP legislation
- Article in WIPR: Common procedures for IP disputes
- European patent attorney Matti Ylitalo to strengthen Papula-Nevinpat’s IP team
- New regulations for including IP rights in the Eurasian Customs Union
- Leds are reshaping the future of lightning – and intellectual property rights