We have listed the six major changes that came into force on 3 July 2018. The objective of the amendments is to modernize the existing legislation, and to simplify the trademark registration process.
EPO and EAPO have started Patent Prosecution Highway as of 1 October 2017
The European Patent Office (EPO) and the Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO) agreed in spring 2017 to launch a joint Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot programme to enable work-sharing and accelerated treatment of patent applications at both offices.
The PPH started 1 October 2017 and the pilot will run for an initial term of three years.
We encourage our customers to utilize the PPH pilot programme if terms are met to benefit from the accelerated Eurasian patent application examination.
For further information please contact Mr Erik Goussev, Patent Attorney.
- Changes to Kazakhstan’s IP legislation
- Article in WIPR: Common procedures for IP disputes
- European patent attorney Matti Ylitalo to strengthen Papula-Nevinpat’s IP team
- New regulations for including IP rights in the Eurasian Customs Union
- Leds are reshaping the future of lightning – and intellectual property rights