Kindly note that our Helsinki head office will be closed for Ascension Day on Thursday 13 May 2021 and will be fully operational again on Friday 14 May 2021.
Eurasian design patent available soon
The EAPO (the Eurasian Patent Office) Administrative Council adopted regulations necessary to implement the Protocol to the Eurasian Patent Convention (EAPC) on the Protection of Industrial Designs on 12 April 2021 and the EAPO plans to start receiving design applications from 1 June 2021.
This Protocol expands the Eurasian patent system by allowing the applicants to obtain legal protection for industrial designs in the member states of the EAPO in which the Protocol is in force by filing one single application with the EAPO. At the moment the Protocol is in force in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Russia, however not yet in Tajikistan, Belarus and Turkmenistan.
More detailed information to follow later.
For any questions, kindly contact Irmeli Nokkanen, European Design Attorney, European Trademark Attorney.
- Helsinki head office closed for Ascension Day 13 May 2021
- Folke Johansson, Markku Simmelvuo and Marina Smirnova named as WIPR Leaders 2021
- How Halton uses IPR to keep fresh air flowing indoors
- Patenting pharmaceuticals in Russia – what to know
- Patent Specialist Kristina Sorochkina strengthens Papula-Nevinpat’s Chemistry and Process Technology team