The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Eurasian design patent available soon
The EAPO (the Eurasian Patent Office) Administrative Council adopted regulations necessary to implement the Protocol to the Eurasian Patent Convention (EAPC) on the Protection of Industrial Designs on 12 April 2021 and the EAPO plans to start receiving design applications from 1 June 2021.
This Protocol expands the Eurasian patent system by allowing the applicants to obtain legal protection for industrial designs in the member states of the EAPO in which the Protocol is in force by filing one single application with the EAPO. At the moment the Protocol is in force in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Russia, however not yet in Tajikistan, Belarus and Turkmenistan.
More detailed information to follow later.
For any questions, kindly contact Irmeli Nokkanen, European Design Attorney, European Trademark Attorney.
- Be aware of the challenges when fighting against counterfeits in Russia
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Heidi Mikkola, Jussi Mikkola and Markku Simmelvuo named as IP STARS 2022
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Unitary Patent system – should you opt out or stay in?
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- PEPPA PIG won the appeal in Russia