Quantum-computing provider IQM aims to be Europe’s leader in the field. The company’s strength lies in raw R&D brain power, leading-edge technology, and a growing patent portfolio that Papula-Nevinpat is helping to protect.
European Patent Attorney Miika Tupala to join Papula-Nevinpat’s IP team
Papula-Nevinpat’s team of IP experts is growing, as European Patent Attorney Miika Tupala, M. Sc. (Tech.), has been appointed patent attorney as of 1 April 2019. He has previously worked in a global ICT company since 2007, first in research and standardization, and since 2010 in patenting operations.
Miika has extensive experience in patenting inventions in fields such as telecommunications, electronics and signal processing on a global scale, and monitoring patent infringements. He has also participated in preparing license agreements and court cases, and has worked in the role of corporate patent attorney.
”I’m looking forward to gaining a wider perspective on the management of patents and other IP rights, and getting to interact with a broad range of customers. I hope my experience can help customers find the best tools possible for protecting their inventions”, says Miika Tupala.
”We warmly welcome Miika to our team of IP experts. He has strong international experience in patenting inventions in the ICT sector, which he’ll be able to put to use to bring tangible value to our customers”, comments Tomi Konkonen, Team Leader, ICT and Electrical Engineering.
Miika joins our ICT and Electrical Engineering team, and will be working from our office in Tampere.
- Delivering the quantum advantage
- Russian IP legislation continues to develop
- Patent Prosecution Highway cooperation between the Finnish Patent and Registration Office and Eurasian Patent Organization has started
- Three Russian patents relating to treatment of Covid-19 have been granted
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Linda Norrgård has received the Lawyer Monthly’s Women in Law Award 2020 for patent law in Finland