It is surprisingly common with startups to not know how to incorporate patenting in their company’s business strategy. Our patent specialist Jorma Selin blogs about important aspects for you to consider.
European Patent Office (EPO) signed Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Memorandum of Understanding with Russian Patent Office, Rospatent
On 4 October 2016, the European Patent Office (EPO) signed the Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Memorandum of Understanding with the Russian Patent Office, Rospatent. According to the Memorandum, pilot PPH-Mottainai and PCT-PPH bilateral programs between the EPO and Rospatent will begin during 2017. No further details have been made public yet.
The programs will initially run for 3 years. Applicants whose claims have been found to be patentable by either the EPO or Rospatent may ask for accelerated examination of their corresponding applications that are pending before the other office. Accelerated examination based on a positive written opinion or international preliminary examination report issued by either office acting as the International Searching Authority or the International Preliminary Examining Authority will be possible as well. Currently, Rospatent is party to the Global PPH program.
For further information please contact us.
- Patenting – a startup’s tool to create value and boost growth
- Our head office is closed on Friday 21 June 2019 due to Midsummer
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized as one of the top patent firms both in Finland and Russia in the 2019 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- Papula-Nevinpat’s events during INTA 2019 in Boston were a huge success
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR – A turning point for Russian legal services?