We have listed the six major changes that came into force on 3 July 2018. The objective of the amendments is to modernize the existing legislation, and to simplify the trademark registration process.
European patents to cover Moldova
However, under the agreement with the European Patent Office (EPO) on the validation of European patents in Moldova, any European patent application filed on or after 1 November 2015 can be validated in Moldova once the patent has been granted by the EPO. To this end, Moldova must be designated in the European patent application, and after the European patent has been granted, it must be validated with the State Agency on Intellectual Property of the Republic of Moldova.
Please contact us for further information.
- Changes to Kazakhstan’s IP legislation
- Article in WIPR: Common procedures for IP disputes
- European patent attorney Matti Ylitalo to strengthen Papula-Nevinpat’s IP team
- New regulations for including IP rights in the Eurasian Customs Union
- Leds are reshaping the future of lightning – and intellectual property rights