The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Folke Johansson appointed Chairman of the Association of Finnish Patent Attorneys and Markku Simmelvuo member of the ethics committee as of 1 January 2014
”This is a new and interesting task and a challenge. It will certainly offer deeper attention to the field and provide excellent networking opportunities. There is much going on in the field right now. An act on authorized industrial property agents has recently been approved by the Parliament. The unitary patent and Unified Patent Court are also important undertakings having an effect on the IPR industry”, says Mr. Johansson.
In addition, Mr. Markku Simmelvuo, Managing Director at Papula-Nevinpat, has been appointed a member of the ethics committee of the Association of Finnish Patent Attorneys as of 1 January 2014. The term for the members of the ethics committee is three calendar years.
The Association of Finnish Patent Attorneys
The members of the Association of Finnish Patent Attorneys engage in professional activity in a patent agency in the field of immaterial rights, especially industrial property rights. Industrial property rights are protective rights, comprising particularly patents, utility models, designs, protection of integrated circuits and trademarks.
The purposes of the Association of Finnish Patent Attorneys are:
- maintaining honest and professional agents’ activities,
- acting so as to enable its members to attend to their clients’ interests and to carry on their profession while cherishing good agents’ ethics,
- safeguarding the general professional interests of its membership,
- fostering and encouraging a sound development of immaterial rights
- encouraging good cooperation between patent agencies and authorities,
- maintaining solidarity within its membership.
- Be aware of the challenges when fighting against counterfeits in Russia
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Heidi Mikkola, Jussi Mikkola and Markku Simmelvuo named as IP STARS 2022
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Unitary Patent system – should you opt out or stay in?
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- PEPPA PIG won the appeal in Russia