The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Folke Johansson, Markku Simmelvuo and Marina Smirnova listed as WIPR Leaders 2019
Papula-Nevinpat’s Folke Johansson, Markku Simmelvuo and Marina Smirnova have been selected as IP Leaders in World Intellectual Property Review’s WIPR Leaders 2019 handbook. WIPR Leaders is a one-stop guide to the leading IP practitioners in the world.
Folke Johansson, who heads our firm’s patent department, and Markku Simmelvuo, our Managing Director, were both ranked in the patent category in Finland. In Russia, Marina Smirnova was ranked in both the patent and trademark categories.
The WIPR handbook lists over 1 500 IP lawyers. The results are based on nominations from industry peers. WIPR’s research team evaluated the nominees’ practice history, industry expertise and notable cases, as well as any additional activities, such as writing and teaching responsibilities.
The full WIPR Leaders 2019 rankings can be found here.
- Be aware of the challenges when fighting against counterfeits in Russia
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Heidi Mikkola, Jussi Mikkola and Markku Simmelvuo named as IP STARS 2022
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Unitary Patent system – should you opt out or stay in?
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- PEPPA PIG won the appeal in Russia