Our Folke Johansson shares in a blog post his experience about his first oral proceedings before the Examining Division at the EPO, done by video conferencing.
Folke Johansson, Markku Simmelvuo and Marina Smirnova listed as WIPR Leaders 2019
Papula-Nevinpat’s Folke Johansson, Markku Simmelvuo and Marina Smirnova have been selected as IP Leaders in World Intellectual Property Review’s WIPR Leaders 2019 handbook. WIPR Leaders is a one-stop guide to the leading IP practitioners in the world.
Folke Johansson, who heads our firm’s patent department, and Markku Simmelvuo, our Managing Director, were both ranked in the patent category in Finland. In Russia, Marina Smirnova was ranked in both the patent and trademark categories.
The WIPR handbook lists over 1 500 IP lawyers. The results are based on nominations from industry peers. WIPR’s research team evaluated the nominees’ practice history, industry expertise and notable cases, as well as any additional activities, such as writing and teaching responsibilities.
The full WIPR Leaders 2019 rankings can be found here.
- First oral proceedings in opposition at the EPO over video – how did it work?
- Delivering the quantum advantage
- Russian IP legislation continues to develop
- Patent Prosecution Highway cooperation between the Finnish Patent and Registration Office and Eurasian Patent Organization has started
- Three Russian patents relating to treatment of Covid-19 have been granted