Kindly note that our Helsinki head office will be closed for the Easter weekend from Friday 10 April to Monday 13 April and will be fully operational again on Tuesday 14 April.
Foreign companies required to provide their register number in trademark applications
The Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) has given the following announcement on 19 August 2019 regarding trademark application requirements for foreign companies.
Due to the new Finnish Trademarks Act, the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) requires applicants and other companies or persons entered in the Trademark Register to indicate sufficient identification information. For foreign companies, this means that they need to give the company’s register number in the application. A Trade Register extract does not have to be submitted. As to Finnish companies, they need to provide their Business ID in the application.
The PRH is intending to more frequently verify the provided information, also from foreign registers. The register number is needed to enable this procedure. In addition, the register number is needed in order to establish whether the same applicant is involved, and for instance in cases relating to transfer of a trademark or change of name.
Should you need further information, please contact Heidi Mikkola, European Trademark Attorney.
- Our Helsinki head office closed for Easter weekend 10 – 13 April 2020
- Information about possible exceptional arrangements at the patent offices in Finland, Russia and Eurasia due to coronavirus pandemic
- DD-Ready™ and Papula-Nevinpat join forces to support SMEs in all IP matters
- The Patent Office of Azerbaijan closed until 29 April 2020
- Coronavirus – Papula-Nevinpat continues to serve its clients as before