Papula-Nevinpat is delighted to announce that Matti Brax and Folke Johansson have been named in IAM Global Leaders 2024 which lists the world’s top private practice experts in the field of patents.
Foreign companies required to provide their register number in trademark applications
The Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) has given the following announcement on 19 August 2019 regarding trademark application requirements for foreign companies.
Due to the new Finnish Trademarks Act, the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) requires applicants and other companies or persons entered in the Trademark Register to indicate sufficient identification information. For foreign companies, this means that they need to give the company’s register number in the application. A Trade Register extract does not have to be submitted. As to Finnish companies, they need to provide their Business ID in the application.
The PRH is intending to more frequently verify the provided information, also from foreign registers. The register number is needed to enable this procedure. In addition, the register number is needed in order to establish whether the same applicant is involved, and for instance in cases relating to transfer of a trademark or change of name.
Should you need further information, please contact Heidi Mikkola, European Trademark Attorney.
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Matti Brax and Folke Johansson named in IAM Global Leaders 2024
- How to keep your trademark safe
- Russian IP Court decision overturns longstanding practice for granting divisional patent applications
- WIPR Trademarks North America conference: a gathering of passionate IP professionals
- Papula-Nevinpat’s IP expertise again recognized in IP STARS 2023