How to obtain a valuable patent? Our IP experts Folke Johansson and Tomi Konkonen highlight some important elements you should focus on in order to get a good patent application, and a valuable patent.
Foreign companies required to provide their register number in trademark applications
The Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) has given the following announcement on 19 August 2019 regarding trademark application requirements for foreign companies.
Due to the new Finnish Trademarks Act, the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) requires applicants and other companies or persons entered in the Trademark Register to indicate sufficient identification information. For foreign companies, this means that they need to give the company’s register number in the application. A Trade Register extract does not have to be submitted. As to Finnish companies, they need to provide their Business ID in the application.
The PRH is intending to more frequently verify the provided information, also from foreign registers. The register number is needed to enable this procedure. In addition, the register number is needed in order to establish whether the same applicant is involved, and for instance in cases relating to transfer of a trademark or change of name.
Should you need further information, please contact Heidi Mikkola, European Trademark Attorney.
- The recipe for a valuable patent
- Patenting brings a competitive advantage, marketing benefits, and license revenues – Case Unikulma
- Patenting – a startup’s tool to create value and boost growth
- Our head office is closed on Friday 21 June 2019 due to Midsummer
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized as one of the top patent firms both in Finland and Russia in the 2019 edition of IAM Patent 1000