The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
International Legal Guide to: Trade Marks 2020 in Russia
Our trademark attorney Annikki Hämäläinen has written the Russia chapter in The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Trade Marks 2020.
Here you will find a broad overview of common issues in the trademark law and regulations in Russia including legislation, applications, refusal, opposition and registration.
You can read the Russia chapter here.
And as always, should you have any questions on trademark matters in Russia or the Eurasia region, we are here to help you.
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Matti Brax and Folke Johansson named in IAM Global Leaders 2024
- How to keep your trademark safe
- Russian IP Court decision overturns longstanding practice for granting divisional patent applications
- WIPR Trademarks North America conference: a gathering of passionate IP professionals
- Papula-Nevinpat’s IP expertise again recognized in IP STARS 2023
See more from the writer
Registration of a trademark at the national customs registers is an efficient tool to fight counterfeiting. However, even though the introduction of the IP register of the Eurasian Customs Union is already established, the member states have so far failed to implement it in practice.