Markku Simmelvuo appointed member of the Board of the Finnish AIPPI Group as of 1 January 2014
“I highly appreciate the election to the Board of the Finnish AIPPI Group. This is a good continuation for the work I have been doing during my 20 years’ career in IPR for my Finnish clients and for the Finnish IPR community. As a member of the Board of the Finnish AIPPI Group I will strive to enhance the co-operation between patent attorneys and attorneys at law in order to further develop the Finnish IPR field”, says Markku Simmelvuo.
The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, generally known under the abbreviated name AIPPI, is the world’s leading international organization dedicated to the development and improvement of the regimes for the protection of intellectual property. It was established in 1897.
It is a politically neutral, non-profit organization, domiciled in Switzerland, which currently has almost 9000 members representing more than 100 countries.
The objective of AIPPI is to improve and promote the protection of intellectual property both on an international and national basis. It pursues this objective by working for the development, expansion and improvement of international and regional treaties and agreements and also of national laws relating to intellectual property.
It operates by conducting studies of existing national laws and proposes measures to achieve harmonization of these laws on an international basis. In this context AIPPI has become increasingly concerned with issues concerning the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
For more information about the Finnish AIPPI Group: www.aippi.fi
For more information about AIPPI: https://aippi.org
- Who’s Who Legal recognizes three attorneys from Papula-Nevinpat in WWL: IP 2023
- Unauthorized use of trademarks in Russia, The Trademark Lawyer 4/2023
- Patent attorney Maaria Rantala joins Papula-Nevinpat’s ICT and Electrical Engineering team
- Folke Johansson, Markku Simmelvuo and Marina Smirnova named as WIPR Leaders 2023
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2023 edition of IAM Patent 1000