How to obtain a valuable patent? Our IP experts Folke Johansson and Tomi Konkonen highlight some important elements you should focus on in order to get a good patent application, and a valuable patent.
Moldova has left the Eurasian Patent Convention – update to our earlier news of 25.4.2012
However, PCT applications having an international filing date before 26 April 2012 and duly filed with the Eurasian Patent Office within 31 months from the earliest priority date will be in force in Moldova if the corresponding annuity is paid after the patent grant. The Eurasian Patent Office will also continue to handle appeals, annuity payments, registrations of assignments and other legal matters in relation to Eurasian patents in force in Moldova or applications having an international filing date before 26 April 2012.
Going forward, as a result of the denunciation of Moldova from the EAPC, any international application filed on or after 26 April 2012 will contain the designation of the Republic of Moldova only for a national patent, and will not include the designation of that State for a Eurasian patent. The PCT national phase entry deadline for Moldova will be 31 months from the earliest priority date.
In case you wish to file a national patent application in Moldova, please feel free to contact us.
- The recipe for a valuable patent
- Foreign companies required to provide their register number in trademark applications
- Patenting brings a competitive advantage, marketing benefits, and license revenues – Case Unikulma
- Patenting – a startup’s tool to create value and boost growth
- Our head office is closed on Friday 21 June 2019 due to Midsummer