The Patent Disputes Chamber which is a department of the Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent) receives about 100 patent oppositions a year. Read more about the rules.
New Trade Mark Law of Turkmenistan
– Registration of well-known trade marks is now possible. Trade marks acknowledged as well-known will be published and included in the list of well-known trade marks of Turkmenistan
– In accordance with the new Law trade marks are effective from the filing date, not from the registration date as before. This change concerns only trade marks filed and registered after the law change.
– The new Law provides a possibility to cancel trade mark registrations due to non-use. Trade marks which have not been used within three (3) years from the registration date become vulnerable to cancellation due to non-use. However, the non-use term for all trade marks starts only from the effective date of the new Law. In other words cancellation actions due to non-use can be filed only after 15 November 2011 at the earliest.
- Our article in WIPR: Russia jurisdiction report – The rules on patent opposition
- Startup, remember to involve an IP expert already in the product development phase – Case Kelosound
- Changes to Kazakhstan’s IP legislation
- Article in WIPR: Common procedures for IP disputes
- European patent attorney Matti Ylitalo to strengthen Papula-Nevinpat’s IP team