The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Official fees in EAPO to increase as of 1 July 2022
As of 1 July 2022, the Eurasian Patent Office increases official fees. In average, the official fees will be increased by 25 – 30%.
For example, the basic official fee for filing a patent application will increase to 36000 RUB (from 28000 RUB), the basic official fee for substantive examination will increase to 40000 RUB (from 30000 RUB), and the granting and publication fee will increase to 25000 RUB (from 18000 RUB).
If you currently consider to file a Eurasian patent application or if you already have applications with the EAPO, paying the pending official fees before 1 July will save costs to a significant degree.
- Be aware of the challenges when fighting against counterfeits in Russia
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Heidi Mikkola, Jussi Mikkola and Markku Simmelvuo named as IP STARS 2022
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Unitary Patent system – should you opt out or stay in?
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- PEPPA PIG won the appeal in Russia