The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Customs registration of a trademark in Eurasia and Russia — pros and cons
Registration of a trademark at the national customs registers is an efficient tool to fight counterfeiting. However, even though the introduction of the IP register of the Eurasian Customs Union is already established, the member states have so far failed to implement it in practice.
Therefore, trademarks still have to be separately registered in all national customs registers of the Eurasian Customs Union member states, including Russia.
- Be aware of the challenges when fighting against counterfeits in Russia
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Heidi Mikkola, Jussi Mikkola and Markku Simmelvuo named as IP STARS 2022
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Unitary Patent system – should you opt out or stay in?
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- PEPPA PIG won the appeal in Russia