The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Customs registration of a trademark in Eurasia and Russia — pros and cons
Registration of a trademark at the national customs registers is an efficient tool to fight counterfeiting. However, even though the introduction of the IP register of the Eurasian Customs Union is already established, the member states have so far failed to implement it in practice.
Therefore, trademarks still have to be separately registered in all national customs registers of the Eurasian Customs Union member states, including Russia.
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Matti Brax and Folke Johansson named in IAM Global Leaders 2024
- How to keep your trademark safe
- Russian IP Court decision overturns longstanding practice for granting divisional patent applications
- WIPR Trademarks North America conference: a gathering of passionate IP professionals
- Papula-Nevinpat’s IP expertise again recognized in IP STARS 2023