Quantum-computing provider IQM aims to be Europe’s leader in the field. The company’s strength lies in raw R&D brain power, leading-edge technology, and a growing patent portfolio that Papula-Nevinpat is helping to protect.
Papula-Nevinpat introduces Legal Team Russia
Papula-Nevinpat has already for many years been providing full legal services in Russia in addition to our IP services including patent, utility model, trademark and design rights protection.
“Papula-Nevinpat’s legal services can be divided into three stages,” says Ms Riikka Palmos, Head of Legal Team Russia and Director of Trademark Department at Papula-Nevinpat.
“To be successful in IP enforcement in Russia, deep knowledge and experience is needed”, continues Riikka Palmos.
In the first stage, before filing a legal action, we provide various investigations and clarifications, specifically tailored for each case. Further, we draft and send cease and desist or warning letters to third parties and responses to such communications.
The second stage typically consists of preparing and filing legal actions and taking care of the proceedings, including hearings held by the local authorities.
Post-litigation is the third stage which may include enforcing the decision (e.g. legal costs) and/or monitoring whether the counterparty fulfills its obligations.
Our Legal Team Russia provides the following services:
- Cease and desist letters
- Warning letters
- Litigation; infringement actions, cancellation actions
- Domain name disputes
- Company name disputes
- FAS – Federal Antimonopoly Service proceedings
- Customs registrations
- Customs seizures
- Agreement drafting – amicable settlement agreements, assignment agreements, license agreements
- Legal consulting
- Strategy and risk assessment
The members of Legal Team Russia are based in Helsinki, St. Petersburg and Moscow.
The following attorneys and specialists are involved:
- Riikka Palmos, Trademark Lawyer, Director of Trademark Department (Helsinki), Head of Legal Team Russia
- Annikki Hämäläinen, Trademark Lawyer, Team Coordinator
- Nataliya Serpkova, Advocate, Russian Patent and Trademark Attorney, Senior Councel
- Ruslan Shibaev, Advocate, Patent Attorney, Russia
- Marina Smirnova, Lawyer, Patent and Trademark Attorney, Director of Trademark Department (Russia)
- Alexandr Bilyk, Lawyer, Patent Attorney, Director of Patent Department (Russia)
- Folke Johansson, Patent Attorney, Director of Patent Department (Helsinki)
- Vitaly Malysh, Patent Attorney
- Tatiana Konopatskaya, Trademark Attorney, Russia
- Johanna Menna, Trademark Specialist
Our latest article about national customs registrations for trademarks in Russia, written by our trademark lawyer Annikki Hämäläinen, was recently published in World Intellectual Property Review. The article gives insights into the challenges and aspects that trademark owners should understand in order to prevent trademark violations and illegal sales in the best possible way.
We would be delighted to help you in all IP legal issues in Russia. For any questions, please contact Riikka Palmos.
- Delivering the quantum advantage
- Russian IP legislation continues to develop
- Patent Prosecution Highway cooperation between the Finnish Patent and Registration Office and Eurasian Patent Organization has started
- Three Russian patents relating to treatment of Covid-19 have been granted
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Linda Norrgård has received the Lawyer Monthly’s Women in Law Award 2020 for patent law in Finland