The attack of Russia to Ukraine in February has also affected the IP field. Sanctions imposed against Russia and the counteractions of Russia against unfriendly countries have raised uncertainty and concern among IP right holders. Read more in an article by our IP experts Riikka Palmos and Annikki Hämäläinen.
Papula-Nevinpat’s Jussi Mikkola appointed to the INTA Legislation and Regulation Committee
“I’m very happy to be part of INTA’s committee as this gives me a great opportunity to interact even more closely with INTA’s talented and dedicated individuals around the globe and offices in multiple regions”, says Jussi Mikkola.
The Legislation and Regulation Committee analyzes legislative and regulatory developments and identifies deficiencies in existing laws and regulations relating to trademarks and unfair competition. The committee will complete analyses and propose policy recommendations to the Board. Work includes drafting proposed legislation and/or regulations and advocating INTA’s existing policy positions to relevant government officials.
INTA’s membership comprises nearly 6,500 organizations from 185 countries. The organizations represent more than 34,350 professionals, including brand owners from major corporations, small- and medium-sized enterprises, law firms, and non-profits. The INTA community also includes government agency members, professors, and law students.
- Be aware of the challenges when fighting against counterfeits in Russia
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Heidi Mikkola, Jussi Mikkola and Markku Simmelvuo named as IP STARS 2022
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: Unitary Patent system – should you opt out or stay in?
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized again as one of the Finland’s top patent firms in the 2022 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- PEPPA PIG won the appeal in Russia