It is surprisingly common with startups to not know how to incorporate patenting in their company’s business strategy. Our patent specialist Jorma Selin blogs about important aspects for you to consider.
Patent Term Extension in Belarus
The Eurasian Patent Office will extend the patent terms in accordance with the above rules for cases where information about the issued patent was published in the official bulletin, or the marketing authorization to use the claimed product was issued, as the new rules have come into force.
In case the patent and the marketing authorization have been issued more than 6 months prior to 2 February 2011, arequest for extension of the term of a patent can be filed no later than in 6 months from the date on which the new rules came into force, i.e. by 2 August 2011, provided that the 20-year term from the filing date of the patent application has not expired by the date of the request.
The following documents are needed for filing the request for extension of the patent term in Belarus:
– Belarussian Letters Patent Document (original) / the number, title and filing date of the Eurasian basic patent registered in Belarus
– notarized copy of the marketing authorization including information on the product making possible its identification as the product defined in the claims of the patent
– power of attorney
- Patenting – a startup’s tool to create value and boost growth
- Our head office is closed on Friday 21 June 2019 due to Midsummer
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized as one of the top patent firms both in Finland and Russia in the 2019 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- Papula-Nevinpat’s events during INTA 2019 in Boston were a huge success
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR – A turning point for Russian legal services?