It is surprisingly common with startups to not know how to incorporate patenting in their company’s business strategy. Our patent specialist Jorma Selin blogs about important aspects for you to consider.
Pilot patent prosecution highway program (PCT-PPH) launched by the Eurasian Patent Office
– the European Patent Office (EPO)
– the Japan Patent Office (JPO)
– the Patent Office of the Russian Federation (Rospatent)
– the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) or
– the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
The request for fast-track examination, together with a Russian translation of the WO or IPRP II, has to be filed before the first Office Action is issued. An additional requirement is that the application must contain no more than 2 independent claims, unless it relates to inventions in the field of chemistry or pharmaceuticals, and no more than 20 claims in total. If the requirements are met, the first Office Action will be issued within three months of the date the request for fast-track examination has been accepted. There are no official fees for participation in the PCT-PPH program.
The pilot PCT-PPH program will be in force for a period of one year. Currently, the Eurasian Patent Office also has an ongoing PPH program with the Japan Patent Office (JPO).
In addition to the pilot PCT-PPH program, the Eurasian Patent Office currently provides accelerated formal and substantive examination as well as accelerated publication and issuance of a patent. The details and additional official fees are indicated in the table below.
|Procedure||Additional fee, RUB|
|Carrying out formal examination within 5 days||20 000|
|Carrying out formal examination within 10 days||10 000|
|Carrying out substantive examination and issuance of the first Office Action within 3 months||60 000|
|Publication and issuance of a patent within 3 months||20 000|
For more information regarding the fast-track examination in Eurasia, please contact us.
- Patenting – a startup’s tool to create value and boost growth
- Our head office is closed on Friday 21 June 2019 due to Midsummer
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized as one of the top patent firms both in Finland and Russia in the 2019 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- Papula-Nevinpat’s events during INTA 2019 in Boston were a huge success
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR – A turning point for Russian legal services?