The Russian Patent and Trademark Office will be closed for the New Year and Christmas Holiday from January 1, 2021 to January 10, 2021.
Pilot patent prosecution highway program (PCT-PPH) launched by the Eurasian Patent Office
– the European Patent Office (EPO)
– the Japan Patent Office (JPO)
– the Patent Office of the Russian Federation (Rospatent)
– the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) or
– the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
The request for fast-track examination, together with a Russian translation of the WO or IPRP II, has to be filed before the first Office Action is issued. An additional requirement is that the application must contain no more than 2 independent claims, unless it relates to inventions in the field of chemistry or pharmaceuticals, and no more than 20 claims in total. If the requirements are met, the first Office Action will be issued within three months of the date the request for fast-track examination has been accepted. There are no official fees for participation in the PCT-PPH program.
The pilot PCT-PPH program will be in force for a period of one year. Currently, the Eurasian Patent Office also has an ongoing PPH program with the Japan Patent Office (JPO).
In addition to the pilot PCT-PPH program, the Eurasian Patent Office currently provides accelerated formal and substantive examination as well as accelerated publication and issuance of a patent. The details and additional official fees are indicated in the table below.
|Procedure||Additional fee, RUB|
|Carrying out formal examination within 5 days||20 000|
|Carrying out formal examination within 10 days||10 000|
|Carrying out substantive examination and issuance of the first Office Action within 3 months||60 000|
|Publication and issuance of a patent within 3 months||20 000|
For more information regarding the fast-track examination in Eurasia, please contact us.
- Russian and Eurasian Patent Offices closed until 10 January 2021
- Season Greetings & Happy New Year 2021!
- IP Webinar Series in 2021: Top things you need to know about patents and trademarks in the Russia-Eurasia region
- IPR-Unternehmen als wichtiger Partner für das Öko-Startup Woodly
- IP competence – a fundamental skill