With increasing numbers of people favouring sustainability and healthy living, Honka wooden homes are in rising demand. The Finnish company keeps its edge through some clever innovations and strong IPR.
PRH and EAPO to start Patent Prosecution Highway later this year
The Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) and the Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO) have agreed to launch a joint Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) Pilot Programme to enable work-sharing and accelerated treatment of patent applications at both offices. The Memorandum of Understanding on the PPH Pilot Programme was signed on 24 April 2020.
Under the PPH Pilot Programme, which is expected to be launched in the second half of 2020 and run initially for 3 years with a possible extension, applicants whose claims have been found to be patentable by the PRH or the EAPO may ask for accelerated processing of their corresponding application at the other office. In addition, the PPH pilot enables offices to share existing work results, speeding up the granting process and reducing costs for the users.
Currently, the EAPO has ongoing bilateral PPH Pilot Programmes with the Japan Patent Office (JPO), the European Patent Office (EPO), the Chinese Patent Office (SIPO), and the Korean Patent Office (KIPO).
For further information please contact our Patent Attorney, Erik Viik.
- Honka: smart thinking for sustainable living
- Papula-Nevinpat’s Jussi Mikkola appointed to the INTA Legislation and Regulation Committee
- Figuring out the market value of feedback
- Papula-Nevinpat recognized as one of the top patent firms both in Finland and Russia in the 2021 edition of the IAM Patent 1000
- Our Helsinki head office closed for Midsummer 25 June 2021