Kindly note that our Helsinki head office will be closed for Midsummer 25 June 2021. Happy Midsummer!
The Unitary Patent valid across EU one step closer
Following the signing of the agreement, the ratification process by national parliament can start. At least 13 of the 25 signatory countries are required to ratify the agreement, and those must include the UK, Germany and France.
The unitary patent system contributes to the internationalization of innovative growth companies. It will be a good option for companies that want to file a European patent designating many participating countries.
”Despite the promising and historical achievements so far, a lot of work lies ahead to ensure the unitary patent and UPC deliver on their promise. There are still many issues to be ironed out and open questions, such as costs. We do look forward to a successful ratification process and thus I would recommend companies to start already now evaluating the possible effects on their patent portfolios”, says Mikko Piironen, European Patent Attorney, Papula-Nevinpat.
- Our Helsinki head office closed for Midsummer 25 June 2021
- Papula-Nevinpat lawyers named in the 2022 Best Lawyers™ list: Alexandr Bilyk, Alexander Polikarpov and Marina Smirnova
- Papula-Nevinpat in WIPR: The current picture of trademarks
- Papula-Nevinpat’s IP expertise again recognized in IP STARS 2021
- How to patent computer games