The Russian Patent and Trademark Office will be closed for the New Year and Christmas Holiday from January 1, 2021 to January 10, 2021.
The Unitary Patent valid across EU one step closer
Following the signing of the agreement, the ratification process by national parliament can start. At least 13 of the 25 signatory countries are required to ratify the agreement, and those must include the UK, Germany and France.
The unitary patent system contributes to the internationalization of innovative growth companies. It will be a good option for companies that want to file a European patent designating many participating countries.
”Despite the promising and historical achievements so far, a lot of work lies ahead to ensure the unitary patent and UPC deliver on their promise. There are still many issues to be ironed out and open questions, such as costs. We do look forward to a successful ratification process and thus I would recommend companies to start already now evaluating the possible effects on their patent portfolios”, says Mikko Piironen, European Patent Attorney, Papula-Nevinpat.
- Russian and Eurasian Patent Offices closed until 10 January 2021
- Season Greetings & Happy New Year 2021!
- IP Webinar Series in 2021: Top things you need to know about patents and trademarks in the Russia-Eurasia region
- IPR-Unternehmen als wichtiger Partner für das Öko-Startup Woodly
- IP competence – a fundamental skill